Anytime when your surfing using the Chrome browser, you can come up with the “DNS_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config” error which then block the page you’re going to open. Many get stuck by seeing this error and won’t know what to do. But not to worry, as we have got this Article which will help to troubleshoot this issue. Here below we have got few methods that will direct to solve the “DNS_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config” in your Windows 7/8/10/XP.
The most common issue would be of server IP change which takes less than few minutes to rectify and change. But sometimes this issue arises due a lot of technical problems and such that you can them by reading the below guide.
How to Solve DNS Probe Finished Bad Config For Windows 7/8/10
This may be in some technical aspects so it is better to go with the below given methods if you know few certain things about PC Windows settings. Else you can just follow our steps and try to resolve the issues by your own.
- Resetting IP Catalog:
Here we begin our first method that is to reset the IP catalog. Catalog of IP address can be reset by the following few steps, which might be a key to get this problem while surfing. This is the basic method with which mostly the DNS Probe error can be solved.
- Click on Start Menu and Select Run to Open
- In Run box, type “cmd.exe” to open the Command Prompt. Window
- Now type nets hint ip reset in the windows and click on Enter button
- Then Type netsh winsock reset catalog and click on enter button
- Then restart the computer and open the browser
- This will reset the error given catalog with correct catalog for windows 7/8/10/XP
- If else you have got successes with this method, and then go with below given method to solve the issue.
- DNS Setting:
This is chosen as one of the easiest method to solve the DNS probe issues which is occurring form the browser. This will let you make some manual changes that will assure you of getting this problem fixed. So go through this manually steps to resolve the “DNS_Probe_Finished_Bad_Config” error.
- Click on to Open Network and Sharing Center from Start menu
- Now select Local Area Connection and then click on its Properties
- In the New Windows Select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4” and then click on its Properties
- Select “Use The Following DNS Server Address” button first
- Then Select “126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52” in the Preferred DNS Server
Later click on “Validate Settings upon Exit” box and proceed with OK button
Then your Chrome from Windows 7/8/10/XP will fix the DNS Probe Bad error for sure.
- Get Rid of Website Filters:
This problem will also arise when you have got installed few software’s in your PC or Laptop to block any site or to avid peeking of your family members. Mostly few go with software’s that lock the content that their household can’t access them. At times the Chrome starts showing these issues due to installation to making changes with browser.
- Temporarily Disable the Software
- Uninstall It
- Check Proper Browser
By purchasing a VPN will troubleshoot this problem forever. So try to get the VPN as soon as possible if you want to block any content from chrome.